1. Standing for ‘sorry, mate I didn’t see you’, this refers to an accident caused by a driver’s failure to see another road user, especially a cyclist or motorcyclist.
... is clearly nothing new. Drivers have been saying ‘sorry, mate, I didn’t see you’, from the earliest days of motoring. Although as the first drivers were all toffs, they probably never said sorry when they ran over the rural poor.
2. The pouring of milk over one’s head in a public place.
Among the creme de la creme of British youth, an udderly bizarre trend has emerged: ....
3. A treatment in which the patient is subjected to freezing jets of air in the bid to encourage the production of collagen and thus the rejuvenation of the skin.
... is also used to smooth out wrinkles and fine lines.
4. The phenomenon whereby women entering a career renders that career less desirable for men.
‘Men don’t go for those jobs as much, especially after women take those jobs.’ ‘Yes, yes, that’s called ...’.
5. Nostalgia for the homespun domesticity of the 1950s as evinced by the success of craft stores and retro retailers such as Cath Kidston.
On the same measure, vintage-style homewares chain Cath Kidston also saw sales break through £100m and earnings jump 13 percent to £19m as its distinctive brand of ... which embraces the image of the 1950s housewife, proves irresistible to a generation who perhaps idealise rather than practise domesticity.
6. A meat dish that is constructed to resemble a piece of fruit.
We were here, mainly, for the .... A fruit shaped ball of meaty plasticine. In fact, it’s a mandarin shaped chicken liver parfait. It was easy to see why Time Out made it the best dish in London. It’s a work of art, but also zesty and creamy and delicious.
7. A powdered enzyme used to join pieces of protein, usually to join scraps of meat so that they appear to be one piece.
We found out ... is used in some restaurants and even some grocery stores and we wanted to know why.
8. A digital camera for which apps are available and which has many of the functions of a smart phone.
The Galaxy camera from Samsung and the Coolpix S800C from Nikon are ...s that contain cellphone functions.
9. Steve Jobs’ contribution to the world of technology, as evinced by all the Apple products.
Steve Jobs has left us, the ... is here to stay.
10. A piece of software which remembers all your passwords and automatically enters them for you.
In the meantime, he recommends doing what I did, after thoroughly scaring myself researching this article: install a piece of software known as a ‘...’, such as LastPass.