PART I. Test Your Knowledge
Answer the questions.
1. What are the ways in expressing negation in a formal style?
2. What are the ways in expressing negation in an informal style?
3. What negative words are used with verbs?
4. What negative words are used with nouns?
5. Can no-negation be used together with other determiners?
6. What are the assertive words?
7. What are the non-assertive words?
8. When are the non-assertive words used?
9. What clauses are associated with non-assertive contexts?
10. What is a semi-negator?
11. What are the similarities between a semi-negator and an ordinary negator?
12. How far does the scope of the negation extend?
13. In what sentences is the transferred negation observed?
14. In what cases does the double negation become possible?
15. What words can emphasize the negative aspect of a statement?