2. MODALITY. MOODS IN A SIMPLE SENTENCE
PART I. Test Your Knowledge
Answer the questions.
1. What does the term modality refer to?
2. What is a grammatical way of expressing modality?
3. What moods are there in English?
4. What are the meanings of mood forms?
5. What oblique moods are there in English?
6. What type of action do they denote in general?
7. What forms does Subjunctive II coincide with?
8. What type of action do the forms of Subjunctive II denote?
9. What can be expressed with the help of Subjunctive II forms?
10. How are the Conditional mood forms built?
11. What type of action do the forms of the Conditional mood denote?
12. What can be expressed with the help of the Conditional mood forms?
13. What moods are used to express a problematic action?
14. What forms does Subjunctive I coincide with?
15. How are the Suppositional mood forms built?
16. What can be expressed with the help of Subjunctive I and the Suppositional mood forms?
17. What set expressions with Subjunctive I do you know?