3.2. THE USE OF ARTICLES WITH UNCOUNTABLE NOUNS
PART I. Test Your Knowledge
Answer the questions.
1. What is the basic rule for the use of articles with uncountable nouns?
2. How are the articles used with material nouns?
3. In which cases can names of material become count nouns?
4. Are all abstract nouns uncountable?
5. How are the articles used with abstract uncountable nouns?
6. In what cases can the indefinite article be used with abstract uncountable nouns?
7. Is there any article if an abstract uncountable noun has the modifier which qualifies it from the point of view of time / degree / authenticity?
8. Which abstract nouns are never used with the indefinite article?