IV. PREDICATIVE COMPLEXES
AS DIFFERENT PARTS OF THE SENTENCE
PART I. Test Your Knowledge
Answer the questions.
1. What is a predicative complex (or a predicative construction)?
2. What is the basic difference between a predicative complex and a phrase?
3. Which predicative complex can be used only as object?
4. How can the second component of the Objective Predicative construction be expressed?
5. In what cases is the bare Infinitive used as part of the Objective Predicative construction?
6. What is the syntactic function of the Absolute Nominative construction?
7. What varieties of the Absolute Nominative construction do you know?
8. Which two predicative complexes can be used as any part of the sentence?