Getting to Know People
1. Transcribe the following words.
2. Cross out the stressed syllable/syllables in these words and identify the sound phenomena under study.
3. In each line cross out the word with a different sound in the stressed syllable.
4. Listen to Brian and Suzi talking about their plans for the evening and answer the questions below.
Listen to the conversation again and mark the extracts below. Who pronounced each line, Brian or Suzi?
5. Listen to two conversations and answer the questions below.
Look at the sentences. Which conversation do they refer to, 1, 2 or both?
Listen to the conversations again and fill in the gaps.