2. Do you know how to make a perfect cup of tea according to the Royal Society of Chemistry? Try to put the following instructions in the correct order. Check with the key.
Ingredients: Loose-leaf Assam tea; soft water; fresh, chilled milk; white sugar.
Implements: Kettle; ceramic teapot; large ceramic mug; fine mesh tea strainer; teaspoon, microwave oven.
- While waiting for the water to boil, place a ceramic teapot containing a quarter of a cup of water in a microwave oven on full power for one minute
- Synchronize your actions so that you have drained the water from the microwaved pot at the same time that the kettle water boils.
- Add sugar to taste
- Drink at between 60 – 65 degrees C to avoid vulgar slurping which results from trying to drink tea at too high a temperature
- Draw fresh, soft water and place in kettle and boil. Boil just the required quantity to avoid wasting time, water and power
- Place one rounded teaspoon of tea per cup into the pot.
- Take the pot to the kettle as it is boiling, pour on to the leaves and stir
- Leave to brew for three minutes.
- Pour milk into the cup first, followed by the tea, aiming to achieve a rich and attractive colour
- The ideal receptacle is a ceramic mug or your personal mug.