III. THE COMPLEX SENTENCE.
Part 1. Test Your Knowledge
Answer the questions.
1. What is an attributive clause?
2. What is an antecedent?
3. How can a relative clause be introduced?
4. What relative words are used if the antecedent denotes a living being/a thing?
5. What are the two major types of attributive clauses?
6. What is the difference between defining and non-defining relative clauses?
7. What types of relative restrictive clauses do you know?
8. What is an appositive clause?
9. What punctuation marks are used to separate non-defining relative clauses?
10. What is the antecedent of a sentence-relative clause?